Access to Town Services
Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order imposing a statewide mandate that Californians stay at home or in their place of residence, and the latest order issued by the County of Marin, Town Hall is available for essential functions only and most staff is working remotely. The Town continues to monitor the fluid state of the COVID-19 pandemic, and has made several adjustments to Town departments to ensure continuity of essential service. Thank you for your patience while we continue to find ways to deliver services to the greatest extent possible during this public health crisis.
Most Town staff members are working remotely and are available by email. Please use the Staff Directory to email the staff member you would like to contact. Email is the best method of communication, as individual phone lines may not be monitored daily.
Town Hall is available for essential functions, but public access to the facility is limited. Town Hall’s main phone line is being monitored and calls are being returned as quickly as possible.
Business licenses are being processed. Applicants should mail completed applications and payment to Town Hall at 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA. If you would like to drop off your application or pick up your license in person, please contact Patti Pickett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a general question, please submit this form and your question will be directed to the appropriate department or answered as soon as possible.
Community Development (Planning & Building)
- The Planning Division has limited capabilities to accept, process and review applications and to conduct public meetings during this time.
- All Planning Division applications submitted prior to the March 16 County of Marin Shelter-in-Place (SIP) Order are being processed.
- Planning staff is currently developing new processes to accept new applications electronically. Updates will be posted here when available.
- If you have a general question or a question about an existing application, please submit this form to get in touch with Planning Division staff.
- To request an appointment to view planning and building records, please submit this form. A staff member will be in touch with you by your provided contact information.
- The May 4, 2020 Shelter-in-Place Order allows construction projects to resume, provided that all Construction Project Safety Protocols are followed.
- The Building Division is open 8:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. Monday through Thursday for permit pickup and payments. Physical admittance to Town Hall is limited. Facial coverings and compliance with social distancing protocols are required for entry to the building.
- Instructions for remote plan review are available here.
- Inspections, including residential resale inspections, are being conducted remotely. Instructions for scheduling and protocols are available here.
- Questions and permit inspection requests should be directed to Chelsee Navado, Building Permit Clerk, at email@example.com.
Contact Community Development
Please use the Staff Directory to email Planning and Building Division staff with questions. ’
- The Police Department will continue to respond to incidents involving risk or threats to life and personal safety.
- The Police Department will attempt to handle non-violent crime via telephone and email as much as possible.
- Public access to the Police Department will be limited.
- The non-emergency Police Department telephone number is (415)789-2801 and will be monitored and answered as usual.
- Encroachment permits are being processed, issued, and inspected.
- Submit your application by email to David Eshoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks and Open Space
- Please follow facial covering and social distancing protocols while using local parks.
Streets and Storm Drain Maintenance
- Public Works staff are ensuring public roadways and drainage systems are maintained and safe by repairing potholes, maintaining signage and striping, keeping vegetation on the roadside trimmed, and keeping storm drain pipes and inlets clear.
Capital Improvement Projects
- Town-administered projects will continue.
Contact Public Works
- If you become aware of a hazard, please submit this form to report a hazard to the department.
- Engineering staff is available by email and phone.