Earlier this week, the Council created a local Diversity Inclusion Task Force to advise the Council on developing recommendations to further the values of inclusivity and equality in Tiburon and working to identify and address issues of racism, bias, and prejudice within the Town.
In their resolution, the Council stated, “In order to serve our community at large by creating a safe, inclusive, and equitable community, the Town Council of the Town of Tiburon wishes to formally recognize the vital role that diversity plays in our lives and communities and to condemn racism, bigotry, bias, hate speech and prejudice of any form.”
The Task Force will meet monthly, and is specifically charged to:
- Provide advice to the Town Council, Town Manager, and Police Chief regarding issues of diversity and inclusion involving the Police force
- Provide advice to the Town Council regarding ways to improve diversity and inclusion generally in the Town of Tiburon
The Task Force will be made of up of 10 individuals – 5 Town Councilmembers and 5 residents appointed by the Council. The Council is accepting applications from residents that would like to serve on the Task Force now.
- Full-time resident of the Town of Tiburon or City of Belvedere.
- Have an interest in working to create and implement Town policies regarding diversity and inclusion and condemning racism, bias, and prejudice.
- Ideally possess the experience, qualifications and knowledge either in their professional careers, volunteer work, or personal capacities to engage, organize and provide recommendations to achieve diversity inclusion goals and policies of the Town.
- Ideally possess some awareness of how the role of systemic racism produces the current inequities the task force will try to address.
To apply, please submit a completed application and resume to Tiburon Town Clerk Lea Stefani at 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon CA 94920 or email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 5:00 P.M.