The Tiburon Building Division will not be providing inspections from December 24, 2020 to January 3, 2021. The following guidelines are to be adhered to so the Building Division can approve and review work upon our return on January 4, 2021:
- During this time, roofing contractors will need to provide a signed statement self-certifying that roofs are installed as required by the provisions of the 2019 California Residential or Building Code and the appropriate evaluation service report. The roofing contractor must also provide the evaluation service report number and describe the methods of installation of the roof systems in their statement.
- For structural steel and welding, structural reinforcing steel, concrete, grout or masonry block placement; and epoxy-installed anchors, a qualified special inspector with relevant ICC or AWS certifications can perform the structural inspections (the epoxy-installed anchors may be accepted by the design professional for a project).
- Foundation work near property lines (5 feet or less) will require a letter from a licensed Land Surveyor to state that the foundation of the structure (includes fences/retaining walls/gates) does not encroach onto adjacent properties and placement/location is in compliance with the approved plans.
- Site work, retaining wall drainage, and site drainage systems may be accepted by the design professional or the geotechnical engineer of a project. For wood framing, diaphragm nailing for shear walls and for structural roof and floor decks a qualified special inspector, architect or registered engineer may accept the work.
- Special inspectors for structural wood must have ICC certification as Residential Building Inspector or Building Inspector, or be licensed as an architect or engineer. Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing may be accepted by the design professional of a project. A letter from the design professional must include the locations, descriptions of the work and relevant details of the approved plans.
CIVIL CODE 8014. “Design professional” means a person licensed as an architect pursuant to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 5500) of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code, licensed as a landscape architect pursuant to Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 5615) of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code, registered as a professional engineer pursuant to Chapter 7 (commencing with Section 6700) of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code, or licensed as a land surveyor pursuant to Chapter 15 (commencing with Section 8700) of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code.
Inspection reports must be submitted to the permit center on January 4, 2021 so that we can determine if a follow-up inspection by the Tiburon Building Division is needed. All inspection reports must state that all inspected work is in compliance with the approved plans. Allowed construction work days and hours during the closure must be adhered to.