SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Building Code Appeals Board
Purpose: The five-member board has the following responsibilities: a) to act as the appeals board from decisions and interpretations of the Town’s Building Official regarding non-administrative provisions of the Town’s adopted building codes; b) to render decisions on appeals and other decisions in writing to the Building Official and Appellant; and c) to adopt such reasonable rules and regulations as it may deem necessary.
Tiburon residency is not a requirement. The Board is ideally comprised of five (5) registered design professionals with one of the following areas of expertise:
- One member with architectural experience;
- One member with structural engineering experience;
- One member with mechanical and plumbing engineering experience or a mechanical contractor with at least 10 years’ experience, five in responsible charge of work
- One member with electrical engineering experience or an electrical contractor with at least 10 years’ experience, five in responsible charge of work
- One member with energy code and/or green building code compliance experience, or a licensed roofing contractor with at least 10 years’ experience, five in responsible charge of work.
The person appointed will serve the remainder of an existing term until 2/28/2023 and will be eligible for reappointment to another full term at that time. Applicants should submit a completed application and their resume to Town Clerk Lea Stefani at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Tiburon Town Hall, 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon CA 94920.
The deadline to apply is May 20, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.