Business License Requirements
There are a number of conditions which require a Business License in the Town of Tiburon. More details are explained in the forms found through the links below, but here are a few general guidelines:
- Your business is located in Tiburon, whether commercial or home-based
- Your business is headquartered out of town, but you enter Tiburon to do business
- You own a rental in Tiburon (residential single family through multi-unit rental)
- Contractors - for general contractors, sub-contractors or "stand-alone" contractors, see the Building Contractors section below
- Business License General Information
- Business License Application
- Disability Access and Resources
- Business License Price List
Home Occupation Permits
You may also need a Home Occupation Permit if your business is in Tiburon and operated out of your residence. Please see the following forms for obtaining a Home Occupation Permit in addition to a Business License.
Building ContractorsIf you are a Contractor doing work that requires a building permit in Tiburon, your Business License, and Business License fees, will be included in the building permit issued by the Building Division. If you are a sub-contractor doing work covered by a building permit issued to someone else (e.g. General Contractor or homeowner), you do not need an additional Business License.
Building trades doing work in Tiburon not requiring a building permit should refer to the Business License General Information, Application, and Price List.