Notice is hereby given that the Tiburon Town Council will hold a public hearing to consider various Town-initiated amendments to Title VI, Chapter 22 (Minors) and Title IV, Chapter 25 (Offenses -- Miscellaneous) of the Tiburon Municipal Code.
Proposed amendments include revisions to the "Social Host" provisions that currently make unlawful events at which alcohol is consumed by persons under the age of 21 years. The revisions would, among other things:
- Add marijuana and controlled substances to the alcohol prohibition.
- Add new locales in which an unlawful juvenile party, gathering, or event will be prohibited to include: party buses, limousines, motor homes, and mobile homes, hotels, and rented properties.
- Add the potential fore referral to the "restorative justice program" of the Juvenile Probation Department for persons less than 18 years of age found to be participating in a party, gathering or event in violation of the Ordinance.
- Relocate the social host ordinance provisions from Chapter 25 (Offenses -- Miscellaneous) to Chapter 22 (Minors and Social Host Accountability) to be grouped with other Municipal Code provisions regarding juveniles and minors.
- Establish new or revised definitions for "minor", "alcohol", "alcoholic beverage", "marijuana", "party, gathering or event", "controlled substance", "underage person", "police services", "responsible person", "restorative justice program", and "threat to the public peace, health, safety or general welfare".
Town staff has preliminary determined that the amendments are exempt from review under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to Section 15061(b)(3) (General Rule). The Town Council will consider this preliminary determination in making a final CEQA determination on the amendments. Information regarding the proposed amendments is available for review at the offices of the Tiburon Planning Division, 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA, or online here. Inquiries and written comments regarding the proposed amendments should be directed to Scott Anderson, Director of Community Development, at 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA 94920 or by calling (415)435-7392 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town Council public hearing will be held at the Town Council Chambers, 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, California. The Town Council will meet on Wednesday, March 21, 2017. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m.