Event Permits

Special Event Permits

Special event permits are required for any organized event on public (Town-owned) property. Special events may include weddings, carnivals, live music concerts, outdoor dining, street fairs, and athletic activities such as marathons, swimming events, and organized walk-a-thons. Generally speaking, Tiburon's public parks may not be privately reserved for special events and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. 

As part of the permitting process, the Town will evaluate the potential impacts of the proposed event, including impacts on noise, traffic, parking, and the general environment of the area. Events on public property should be limited in scope to activities that do not detrimentally impact the community. Read the Special Events Permit Policy for more information.

Special event permit applications should be filed with the Town Manager at least sixty (60) days prior to the date of the event. The special event permit application package should include:

  • A completed Special Event Permit Application
  • The name and contact information of the event organizer
  • A detailed description of the proposed event, including the location, and a diagram or floor plan
  • A description of any equipment or temporary structures to be used during the event, including tents, booths, stages, etc. 
  • A description of the anticipated number of workers, participants, attendees, or spectators 
  • A traffic control plan, including requests for street closures
  • A description of water facilities, sanitary measures (toilets), and a trash collection and disposal plan
  • A description of parking arrangements and security measures for the event

Additional requirements for holding a special event on public property are detailed in the Special Events Permit Policy. The Town Council has established additional requirements for events to be held at Shoreline Park (see Use of Shoreline Park Policy).

Additional Resources