Frequently Asked Questions

What number do I call for non-emergency police assistance?

If you need a police officer for a non-emergency issue, call (415) 789-2800 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To reach the Tiburon Police Department front office and records department, please call (415) 789-2801 Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Do you offer fingerprinting services?

We do live scan and ink fingerprinting Monday through Thursday from 8am to 4pm for Tiburon & Belvedere residents by appointment.  Please call (415) 789-2801 to make an appointment.

How do I report a crime?

To report a crime that is an emergency and in progress, dial 9-1-1.  To report a non-emergency crime, dial (415) 789-2800.  

How do I file a police report?

To file a police report such as vandalism, fraud, harassing phone calls and thefts not in progress, call (415) 789-2800.

Where are you located?

The Tiburon Police Station is located at 1155 Tiburon Blvd.  The front office is open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Thursday but officers are ALWAYS on duty.  After hours, pick up the telephone located outside the front door and a dispatcher will send an officer to meet you.  

Is it okay to have a dog off-leash in Tiburon?

Dogs are required to be on leash in the following areas:

  • Blackie's Pasture, Old Rail Trail & McKegney Green (excluding the area where the statue of Blackie the Horse is located)
  • Shoreline Park
  • Open Space

In all other areas dogs may be off leash but under voice control of a human.

How long may a vehicle be parked on a public street?

In California, vehicles may not park in excess of 72 hours on any public street.  Some areas of Tiburon have hourly time limits posted, please be aware of signs and time restraints when you park.  To report an abandoned vehicle, parked in excess of 72 hours on a public road, call (415) 789-2800.

Do I need to call the police when I am involved in a traffic collision?

No, you do not need to call the police as long as no one is injured and all parties are cooperative and willing to exchange contact and insurance information at the scene.   Please move your vehicles off the roadway to a safe location.  Drivers should provide driver’s license, registration, proof of insurance information and phone numbers to each other.  Using cell phones to photograph these documents as well as any damage to vehicles at the scene is very helpful.  If you are still unsure what to do or the other party is not cooperative, please call the police at (415) 789-2800.

How do I obtain a police report?

To request a copy of a police report that you were involved in, please contact the records department at (415) 789-2801 Monday though Thursday 8am to 5pm.

I have old batteries/old medication/guns/weapons/ammunition that I wish to dispose of. Will the Police Department take these and have them destroyed safely?

Yes, the police department will recycle batteries and destroy or incinerate all other unwanted and/or unsafe items you wish to dispose of.  Please bring items to the Police Station during business hours when possible.

My car was towed. How do I get it back?

Call the Tiburon Police Department if you believe your vehicle was towed to get information on how to re-claim your vehicle.