Disaster Advisory Council
The Belvedere-Tiburon Joint Disaster Advisory Council is a joint advisory body to the Tiburon Town Council and the Belvedere City Council. The Disaster Council's purpose is to lead ongoing efforts to improve disaster preparedness on the Peninsula. The Disaster Council's official duties are to:
- review and evaluate disaster preparedness progress in the public and private sectors and to report these findings to the Town Council and City Council; and
- promote disaster preparedness through communication and education; and
- harness the power of every resident through education and outreach, training, and volunteer service to make their families, homes and communities safer from natural and/or manmade disasters or emergencies.
The Belvedere-Tiburon Disaster Advisory Council meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
Agendas, Minutes and Staff Reports
Agendas and staff reports will be posted on the Thursday or Friday before the regularly scheduled meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
Current Advisory Council Members
- Tom Cromwell (Belvedere), Chair
- Jerry Butler (Belvedere)
- Mary McDevitt (Tiburon)
- James Sherman (Tiburon)
- Holli Thier (Tiburon Town Council)
- Tiburon Town Manager Greg Chanis
- Belvedere City Manager Robert Zadnik
- Tiburon Police Chief Michelle Jean
- Belvedere Police Chief Jason Wu
- Tiburon Fire Protection District Chief Richard Pearce
- One member each from the Marin Operational Area Disaster and Citizen Corps Council, Reed Union School District and the Belvedere-Tiburon Library staff
Get Ready 94920
The Joint Disaster Advisory Council works closely with the Get Ready 94920 program.